Scandza Collection Vanillae Banana Ship glass bowl in French vanilla and turquoise wisps – Irish glassware
Keith Sheppard Glass Online Store
Handcrafted Irish glassware using High Quality Bullseye French Vanilla with Turquoise wisps and architectural fused glass. Infused with copper on the underside which reacts with the mineral content of the glass which presents a fantastic random patternation.
Each bowl is unique in its colourations, bespoke craftsmanship and attention to detail.
Dimensions: L 49cm / W 17cm / D 7cm
French vanilla and turquoise wisps banana boat glass bowl – contemporary glassware hand made in Ireland by Keith Sheppard Glass Artistry
Part of the Scandza Collection. Handcrafted Irish glassware using high quality Bullseye architectural fused glass.
The Scandza Collection focuses on a sleek contemporary, ‘minimalist’ approach to tableware for modern living, complementing a large range of interior designs and budgets.
During the kiln process the colours of French vanilla and light turquoise reacts with the composite minerals of the French vanilla resulting in differing shades of brown in a ‘wisps’ design.
Infused with copper on the underside, which reacts with the mineral content of the glass, which presents a fantastic random patternation.
Due to the unique colourations of the glass and firing process, no two pieces will ever be entirely identical.
Each ‘Banana Boat’ bowl is unique, handcrafted with bespoke craftsmanship and attention to detail which elevates its desirability.
Although a lovely piece of glass art in its own right it’s also a functional bowl.
Making the bowl -
- The glass is cut to shape and ‘full fused’ in the kiln.
- Following this initial process the glass is re-fired to infuse copper into the underside of the glass.
- The third and last kiln process slumps the glass into a mould.
- Final cold working and the inclusion of a ‘vein’ in the copper underside identifies the work with my artistic signature.
- The finished piece is also engraved with my name and year date of production.
- Food Safe.
- Clean with warm soapy water and dry immediately.
- NO dishwasher use.
- Designed and produced in Ireland, using materials sourced in Ireland.
|49 × 17 × 7 cm