French vanilla and turquoise wisps Vanillae Altum bowl – Irish glassware
Keith Sheppard Glass Online Store
Handcrafted Irish glassware using high quality Bullseye French Vanilla with Turquoise wisps, architectural fused glass. Infused with copper on the underside which reacts with the mineral content of the glass which presents a fantastic random patternation.
Each bowl is unique in its colourations, bespoke craftsmanship and attention to detail.
French vanilla and turquoise wisps altum bowl – contemporary glassware hand made in Ireland by Keith Sheppard Glass Artistry.
- Food Safe.
- Clean with warm soapy water and dry immediately.
- NO dishwasher use.
- This product is designed and produced in Ireland, using materials sourced in Ireland.
Part of the 'Scandza' Collection. High Quality ‘Bullseye’ French Vanilla with Turquoise wisps, architectural fused glass (approx 6mm thickness).
Infused with copper on the underside which reacts with the mineral content of the glass which presents a fantastic random patternation .
The outer edge is ‘cold worked’ ground and polished.
Each bowl is unique in its colourations, bespoke craftsmanship and attention to detail which elevates its desirability.
Although a lovely piece of glass art in its own right it’s also a functional bowl.
Making the bowl -
- The glass is cut to shape and ‘full fused’ in the kiln.
- The glass is then re-fired to infuse copper into the underside of the glass.
- Because this is a deep vessel the glass is slumped in three stages using moulds which graduate the slumping process.
- The number of firings increases to five.
- During the final slump it may be necessary to manipulate the mould to ensure an even slump.
- Final cold working includes a five stage grinding and polishing process.
- Diamond discs are used with water on a variable speed lap machine with coarse, medium and fine diamond discs.
- A resin pre-polish pad is then used and finally a felt polish pad with a cerium oxide paste to produce the gloss finish. The inclusion of a ‘vein’ in the copper on the underside identifies the work with my artistic signature.
- The finished piece is also engraved with my name and year date of production.
|20 × 14 cm